Friday, September 5, 2008

Amended I-171H

This has been a good week for us! We owe a huge debt of gratitude to the families who traveled to Ethiopia this week as they took a photo album and medicine to our children and will be returning with more photos and video for us. Thank you all so much. You have no idea how comforting it is knowing that families have been in contact with our children.

When we got home today, we had received our amended I-171H in the mail from homeland security. Now all we are waiting for are the courts to open back up. I am sure the stories and pictures from Ethiopia will hold us over for a little while but so far the wait for a court date has been much more difficult than the wait for a referral.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your children when Beth gets home!! The wait between referral and court is very painful, but it *is* all worth it in the end!!!

Monica said...

That is so great that you got your ammended I-171H. We mailed ours to them for ammendment on July 31 and still have not heard a thing! Did you hear anything from them estimating how long it would take or did you one day just receive the new form? Beth is also bringing back pictures for us of our 3-1/2 year old boy. I can hardly wait!

Carla said...

Thanks for your comment you posted on our blog. I am on edge waiting to receive the pics and video of our children, aren't you. I am preparing myself that it will be several days as they get settled in. I remember seeing your children in the waiting child pics, they are beautiful. We got a court date before the courts closed, October 14th. Wouldn't it be something if we traveled together though? Hang in there, will be praying for you and your children.
Carla